South of Tokyo is the vibrant city of Yokohama, which is home to Japan's largest Chinatown.
This is where the roots of ramen can be traced. It's also where this ramen style, "Sanman-men", was born. What's unique about Sanma-men is it's sticky and starchy layer at the very top. It's sweetly flavored, but with the soup below has a hot and sour quality to it too. Lastly, the bowl is brimming with fresh vegetables, from crunchy carrots to Japanese spinach.
- Boil 430 ml of water
- Open lid (without removing completely)
- Place toppings in PURPLE packet on top of noodles
- Pour boiled water up to line, seal lid and place CLEAR packet (veggies) on top to heat, wait 4 minutes
- Break up noodles and pour in LIGHT BLUE packet, mix soup
- Remove excess water from CLEAR packet, add CLEAR packet contents to bowl
- Add RED packet, mix soup again and it's ready!
Did you enjoy the ramen? Let us Know!
Tag us on Instagram @5AMRamen and get featured!
Or email us at email@example.com if you have questions or need help!