Hakodate Shio Ramen
Hakodate City in Northern Japan is known for its light and lively salt-seasoned ramen.
While it's on the lighter side, the shio (salt) seasoning packs a punch. Pork back fat (seabura) gives it a silky richness and there are fish flavors in the background. Among toppings, the fluffy wheat gluten (fu) leaves a fun impression. This topping is only found in Hakodate shio ramen!
- Boil 430 ml of water
- Open lid (without removing completely)
- Place toppings in LIGHT GREEN packet on top of noodles
- Pour boiled water up to line, seal lid and place ORANGE packet (soup) on top to heat
- Break up noodles and pour in ORANGE packet, mix soup
- Empty and submerge PURPLE packet contents into soup and it's ready!
Did you enjoy the ramen? Let us Know!
Tag us on Instagram @5AMRamen and get featured!
Or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions or need help!